- Monday-Wednesday: 8.30 am - 3.30 pm
- Friday 8.30 am - 12 noon
- SASH (Stay After School Homework) - Tuesday and Thursday 2.50 pm - 4 pm
- The Library is open to all students Before School, at Recess and Lunch unless otherwise advised.
- Teachers may also organise class lessons for research in the Library.
Each student has a Library ID card which must be used when borrowing from the Library. A temporary Library card can be collected from the Library. A 'credit card' style ID card will be available the following year.
The OLMC Library allows each student to borrow a maximum of 4 books - 2 Fiction and 2 Non-fiction. Non-fiction books are loaned for 1 week and Fiction for 2 weeks. Check the return by date stamped inside the book. Books can be renewed if they are required for longer. Reservations can be made for books that are out on loan. Some books are only available as 'Overnight loans' and must be returned the next day before Homeroom - this is done to be fair to all students when an assessment task is being prepared.
School emails should be checked regularly as reminders are sent out re overdue or reserved books and other items of interest to students.
- OLIVER is our Library's web based catalogue from which resources and information can be accessed 24/7 by students, teachers and parents at school, home or anywhere with internet access.
- Students and Teachers can browse the Library collection, reserve items, view resources, view their current loans, overdues, reservations, set up their own automatic alerts and get automatic overdues all from home.
- Check out our Library Homepage on Oliver for the Latest Resources, Happenings and Links.
- OLIVER can be accessed through the following link.
- Bookmark it now. All students were sent an email with Login & password.
SASH (Stay After School Homework)
Every Thursday afternoon after school, students are allowed to stay in the OLMC Library to use the Library's resources for homework and assignments. Students must have a signed note from their parent/guardian allowing them to stay. Permission notes are available from the Library. Our Teacher/Librarian and Learning Support teachers are available to assist.
- An up-to-date collection of Fiction and Non-fiction books, Encyclopaedias, Magazines, Newspapers, Internet, Personal Student account, Desktop Programs, Student Email and Clickview. Clickview programs can be downloaded to view at home.
- World Book online - access is available 24/7 at school and at home - see Library homepage in OLIVER for link.
- Printing, Scanning and Photocopying services are also available.
- Digital Cameras, Video Camera and MACs are available to borrow.
- Library staff are always available to help students with research and books to read.